Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), promulgated by Part 30 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (https://www.acquisition.gov/far/part-30#FAR_30_101), maintains specific requirements for a US Government Contractor when they apply to a US Federal Government Contract. A CAS Covered Contract is one that meets specific qualifications that trigger CAS Coverage. The qualifications, exceptions, and other conditions that determine CAS Applicability, […]
DFARS Business System Reviews
Get Help Now
RKI provides a variety of services with regards to a contractor’s cost estimating practices including:
- Design of a compliant DFARS Estimating System including policies, procedures, standardized forms, and training
- Evaluation of a contractor’s Estimating business system for compliance
- Remediation and/or corrective action of deficiencies resulting from DCAA or internal management findings
- Preparation of cost proposals in accordance with DFARS Estimating System requirements
- Other services related to best practice estimating in U.S. Government contracting
Our team is skilled and experienced in navigating DFARS awards and the potential pitfalls that come with them.
DFARS Frequently Asked Questions
Our team is skilled and experienced in navigating DFARS, Cost estimating, and associated issues.
While a Contracting Officer must satisfy itself that an accounting system meets the requirements of its contract-type, generally there are 2 sets of Accounting System requirements contractors are held to:
1. Pre-Award Accounting System criteria (SF-1408) (Link:
2. Post-Award Accounting System criteria (DFARS 252.244-7001 https://www.acquisition.gov/dfars/252.242-7006-accounting-system-administration)
STEPS TO SUCCESS
Stop Worrying About DFARS
We'll help you navigate your government contracting with confidence.
Make A Plan
Get Contract Success
Get The Help You Need
Government Contracting Has Never Been Easier
We'll work with you to ensure full compliance with your contracts, facilitating a long, lucrative partnership between your business and the US Government.